Patients & Visitors


Additional Support for Feeding

Support from the Infant Feeding Specialist Midwife

If you have particular challenges that you need extra support with, your midwife will refer you to the Infant Feeding Specialist. She will contact you be phone to discuss your needs and how they can be met. 

Tongue tie assessment and division service

The Trust runs a tongue tie assessment and division service for babies who have feeding difficulties. If you and your baby are experiencing feeding difficulties that are not resolving and a tongue tie is suspected you will be referred into the service. The Infant Feeding Specialist will contact you by phone, discuss your situation and offer you an appointment for assessment if you need one. Usually within 1 week of referral. If you think you have been referred but have not heard from us within 3 working days then please email or phone 01225 821945.

Information about tongue tie is available here

Mum2Mum Breastfeeding Peer Support

The Trust is commissioned by Wiltshire County Council to train and support a team of breastfeeding peer supporters. Peer supporters are mums who have breastfed themselves and who offer support to other mothers as volunteers. They work in a variety of setting including on Mary Ward at the Royal United Hospital and in local Birth and Children’s Centres.
The Trust runs peer support training in a variety of places about five times a year.  If you are interested in training as a peer supporter please contact the Infant Feeding Specialist at the Royal United Hospital:

back to top