The visiting times for most wards, throughout the week, are as follows:
11.00am – 8.00pm
Different visiting arrangements apply to the following wards:
Parents can visit at any time. Any other visitors must be accompanied by the parents.
Maternity (Including Mary Ward)
Dads: 8am - 9pm
Children: Only children who are siblings of the baby can visit
Others: 6:30pm - 7:30pm (Maximum 2 Visitors)
10am - 8pm - Maximum 2 visitors at tha time
No flowers are allowed on the Wards
Visiting times to all wards are limited and visitor numbers restricted as part of a drive to improve infection control. Reducing the amount of visiting on wards will also give patients more time to rest and improve patient care e.g. by providing protected mealtimes.
This allows us to:
- control infection
- ensure wards can be thoroughly cleaned
- allow patients to rest and preserve dignity especially at mealtimes
- give relatives and visitors time to rest.
These visiting times do not apply to children's wards, maternity unit or areas that care for seriously ill patients (such as ITU).
Advice to visitors
Please be aware of the following:
- It is important to using alcohol gel or soap and water to clean hands on entering and leaving the ward
- Please do not to visit if you are unwell or have recently had diarrhoea and/or vomiting. You should be free of symptoms for 72hrs before coming on to the ward
- Please do not sit on patients' beds
- Please don't bring in flowers.
- Please don't use mobile phones in ward areas to help maintain a quiet atmosphere. If phones need to remain switched on they should be turned onto silent mode.
- Please don't use the camera on a mobile phone in the ward area to preserve other patients' confidentiality.
- Don't bring in any animals other than guide dogs. Guide dogs are allowed on the ward if there are no other arrangements to care for your dog or guide a disabled person who is visiting.
Thank you for your assistance.
Director of Nursing