Date: 18 November 2014
'Caring for You' at the RUH
Caring for You events are an opportunity to step behind the scenes and understand more about the work of the hospital and how it supports the health and wellbeing of the local communities.
The next Caring for You event is entitled 'Patient Safety, Privacy and Dignity' and will be held at the RUH in the hospital's Post Graduate Medicine Centre (Department B20) on Thursday 27 November from 6.00pm until 7.30pm.
The event is open to current members and those who are interested in becoming a member of the Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust.
As well as talks, previous Caring for You events have also included behind-the-scenes tours of areas of the hospital that people don't usually get to see – including the operating theatres and the radiotherapy department.
Caring for You events take place bi-monthly, and offer a great opportunity to learn more about specific conditions as well as receive expert answers to questions you may have from specialists.
Some of the issues we will be discussing in 2015 include mental health, organ donation, dementia and Alzheimer's disease. If you have any suggestions for other topics or would like to attend this or a future event please book a place by contacting the hospital's Membership Office on 01225 826288 or by emailing RUHmembership@nhs.net
Notes for editors:
The Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust has a public membership of over 7,800. Membership is free and is open to anyone aged over the age of 16.
Members of the Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust:
- Help shape the NHS services you and your family use now and in the future.
- Provide feedback based on their experiences and the experiences of friends and family.
- Are invited to attend special member events and gain a unique insight into the hospital's work and the services it offers.
- Vote for the public Governors who represent the interests of members to the Trust Board.
- Receive 'Insight', the hospital's community magazine, offering a unique account of the services, innovations and support offered through the hospital, the valued work of the hospital's charities and various community projects.